Do I need new windows? | Windows Boise
Boise Window Installation | Energy Solutions Boise
Look for these signs as indicators that old windows need to be replaced:
When to replace
- Poor performance — opening and closing is a difficult task; air leaks in, out or around the window; condensation or fogging occurs on or between glass panes;windows are painted or nailed shut and virtually impossible to open
- Looks — chipping, deterioration or water stains of the window or the area around the window (inside or out) is a sure sign; outdated design or style that doesn’t blend well with the rest of the home
- Effort — cleaning is a major hassle and another chore to be avoided; replacement parts are hard to find or even non-existent
Style and lifestyle considerations
- Windows can deteriorate much faster on one side of the house than the other due to differences in sunlight and weather exposure
- Keep in mind that new windows can differ in the type of style, as well as type of glass from older models, even if you’re trying for a close match
- To keep the exterior appearance consistent, consider replacing all the windows on one side (or one level if it’s a two-story house) at the same time
- New replacement windows help seal out the sounds of nature, traffic, or noisy neighbors — thanks to improved design and performance which enhances their soundproofing ability
- If you’re replacing siding, replace windows before the siding, so that siding can be fit to the new windows, for a neater appearance and better overall energy efficiency
Improve energy efficiency
- To better protect interior furnishings, opt for Low-E (low emissivity) glass coatings, which help reduce heat transfer and ultraviolet (UV) rays that can fade carpets, walls and furniture. Low-E glass reflects heat back to its source, helping to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Be aware that Low-E windows will typically appear slightly darker than standard glass when viewed from the exterior of the home, to offer greater interior protection and energy efficiency.
- Replacing old single-pane windows with today’s energy-efficient double- or triple-pane glazing can significantly reduce heating and cooling costs
- Replacing fixed units (windows that do not open) with operable venting windows and doors (those that do open) can improve the flow of fresh air throughout your home
- To add to overall energy efficiency, look for products that have qualified for the Department of Energy’s ENERGY STAR® standards; selecting windows and doors that have earned the ENERGY STAR distinction can help you achieve substantial savings on heating and cooling costs
Who we prefer
Mezzo® Windows from Alside
They feature a thermally optimized narrowline frame and sash with a dual-pane insulated glass solution designed to meet stringent ENERGY STAR® requirements. The elegant narrowline construction ensures maximum daylight visibility while advanced technological reinforcements deliver dependable strength while minimizing energy transfer.
You’ll sleep well knowing that Mezzo’s enhanced forced-entry hardware and modernized screen and bulb design provide greater protection against insect and other undesirable intrusions.
Strong, durable and weathertight, with the custom beauty you’ve come to expect from Alside, the Mezzo Window is in a class by itself – an affordable window with performance power above and beyond the rest. Plus, our impressive Lifetime Limited Warranty* delivers the peace of mind you would expect from an industry leader.
Features and Benefits
- The EdgeForce™ low-profile frame and sash creates an expanded glass area while internal chambers increase structural integrity, rigidity and energy efficiency
- CoreFX™ composite reinforcement helps reduce the transfer of energy while strengthening meeting rails and allowing for secure mounting of hardware
- Defense-Tek™ end-of-throw cam shift locking action delivers increased strength and protection
- Forecaster™ quickly directs water runoff, keeping the exterior of the window clean and attractive
- The HP3™ telescoping sill dam delivers protection from air and water infiltration, increases structural stability and enhances beauty
- Gatekeeper™ interlocking sash-to-sill technology delivers a unified wall of strength
- The Ocular ™ screen bulb seal eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and aids in easy screen installation and removal
Remember if you have questions or help we always offer a free estimate and consulting. Customer service is our number one priority. Please feel free to contact us.